Spilled Ink #2: Stubborn


You're not very easy to forget and I think a part of me will
always be waiting for you.

He held her and she lent her head against his chest, it was almost weightless.

“You should leave me before it’s too late, it’s only fair to give you a warning” he whispered whilst twirling her hair round his finger tightly till it became a tourniquet.

Laughter lifted out of her, “you say the stupidest things. I love you and you love me,  I know you haven’t said it but I know you do.”


He continued playing with his improvised cord sighed and with deliberation spoke, “I haven’t said it because it isn’t a thing to be sought. My love is heavy, it will weigh you down like an anchor chained around your throat.”

Turning to look him in the eye she began to speak he placed his blood deprived finger on full lips.

“It will pull you screaming through oceans until it pulls you through the ground, till you can go no further and are worked by hot heat and handled with heavy hands, until you are lost in oblivion.”

She bit his finger then kissed it softly, “I couldn’t imagine anything more perfect.”