Beauty

I find myself on a train moving quickly away from all I know into something much more vast. I can’t say if that vastness is frightening or exciting; all I know is that I am headed for it as fast as a speeding bullet. The sun is setting just as it has set every day of my life. There are so many things that happen to us every day. Most of them become mundane and ordinary after a while.
And yet, people will forever be fascinated by sunsets and sunrises. Twice a day, if we pay attention we can be reminded how beautiful and fleeting life is. That the sun sets every single day, but eventually we won’t be able to watch it anymore. All we need to do to appreciate it is watch. The sky catches fire, the rays dance and illuminate the world in such a way that for a few moments, everything is beautiful.
I have decided that aside from sunsets and beauty, movies, unicycles, cartwheels, golf courses, t-shirts and late night conversations are important. Having something in common with someone. Having nothing in common with someone and liking them anyways, Remembering your dreams, Forgetting why you hate someone, Forgetting logic and loving someone simply because your heart tells you to, Letting go of time, Being on time, Letting yourself be in the right place at the right time, Running as fast as you can, Walking without a destination or purpose, Telling the truth, Making someone smile, Letting yourself smile, Breaking the rules, Following your whims, Making silly purchases, Adventures, Spontaneous moments, Sincerity, The ocean, Mountains, Telling someone at least once a day, “I love you” and meaning it.
Give it a try