Watching them

And here I am again. I somehow really like to come here sitting alone at the same spot, sometimes just reading a book or maybe doing some meaningless writing like this one. and since I come here quite often,  the guy behind the counter knows exactly what I'm about to order. The same tall strawberry frappuccino, extra strawberries and chocolate chips, no whip cream. if you wondered why even bothered to come here for some reading when I can read my books at home in my cosy bed, and I can bake my own cupcake, well "strawberry frappuccino", that's the answer ^_^

To my right there was a sweaty business man. God knows why someone that sweaty would choose to drink hot coffee, yet there he was. Then there was a young woman sitting by the front window of the shop. She was nicely dressed, and was reading a fashion magazine. She was drinking tea and eating some kind of fruity salad. Probably on a diet - I thought. Behind the young woman's table, there was a slightly older lady. She was severely overweight, and I suppose she came here to sneak in a few treats. I was watching her munch down a large slice of chocolate cake (an ultimate calorie bomb), when I noticed the gym bag by her feet. I couldn’t help but chuckle quietly to myself; it was quite ironic. On the other side of the room there was an overweight teenage girl, who couldn’t take her eyes off the lady eating the cake. She was with friends, and while they had all ordered different kinds of frappuccino, she was drinking water instead. I could tell she wished she had the courage of the cake-eating lady. This girl could never allow herself to eat in public.
I spent another twenty minutes watching and drinking my frappuccino before I left. On my walk (new temporary) home I thought about the games we play. Who are we fooling? What’s the point of putting up all these acts? It seems we live our every day lives to fulfil other peoples expectations. It somehow depressed the living hell out of me. well I guess that's enough entertainment for me today.
xoxo J

2 Responses so far.

  1. Björk says:

    your blog fascinates me. glad that such a passionate person like you DO still exsist (-:
    keep the good work, greetings from Sweden. x

  2. Thanx ^_^ quite an interesting name u got