I chose to be the first one to act loving or reach out

So many of us hold on to little  resentments that may have stemmed from an argument, a misunderstanding, the way we raised, or some other painful event. Stubbornly, we wait for someone else to reach out to us. Believing this is the only way we can forgive or rekindle a friendship or a relationship.

I realized that whenever I hold on to my anger, I turn "small stuff" into really "big stuff". I start to believe that my positions are more important than my happiness. but they are NOT. I've learned that if I want to be a more peaceful person I have to understand that being right is almost never more important than allowing myself to be happy. The way to be happy is to let go and reach out. When I let other people be right, it doesn't mean I'm wrong ... I experienced the peace of letting go and the joy of letting others be right.
and I also notice that, as I reach out and let others be "right", they become less defensive and some of them even reach back. and for some reason, some of them don't. but that's ok. I kinda have the inner satisfaction of knowing that I have done my part to create a more loving world and I certainly feel more peaceful.