I Believe in ...

So, the question is. What do you believe in? I though the answer was easy. Words.
I have used words to capture feelings, thoughts, memories, or the color of sunsets, since I could remember. But more than just their ability to capture a reader, they are powerful, they can convey messages, create, or destroy, great nations. And once they are said, they can never be taken back.
Yes, words are wonderful and powerful things. But are they what I believed in? where what caused me to feel to think and to speak? or were they just what I used to convey those messages? and if they were, what did I believe? … I believed in many things, that much I knew. I believed in love and in life. I believe in trust, it can mean the world to someone, I believe that the smallest gestures can mean the most, I believed in so many things that I started to make a list. But Then I stopped before I started, because as I started that List I realized exactly what it was I believed in. 

PEOPLE

I believe the in the spirit of these human beings. Throughout time, throughout history. We haven risen up against oppressors, challenged the said laws, changed the surface of our world and even danced through the stars to take a stroll on the moon. We have always flirted with jumping off the cliffs edge, just to see if we can fly. This is what I believe. 
I believe in people, in the power of the human spirit, to stand for what's right against the wrong. To stand for the hurt and the oppressed, to change, to dare, to leap and to dance. I believe in doing the things we are told we 'can't' do, simply because they don't know what we can do. In the power of the human heart, to forgive, to understand, and mostly to love. In the power of the human voice. To speak aloud, to dance with danger in vocalizing ones belief, no matter the danger, no matter the sentence of death. To know that once you speak, your message is heard.

The power of human hands. To give, with their heart and a smile, to never judge, to hold close, and to feel. I believe in people. In their ever changing ways, in their love, life and hearts.

One thing that I don’t believe in is, Time machine.

                                                                                                            XOXO