Have you sung your own music?


Because usually there is quite a distinction. The initial reaction might be the letter, because you should always be yourself, right? But c'mon, let's not stop at should be's and ought to be's. Let's go further than logically's and technically's. We live in society where the face is of utmost importance, and reputations can make or break you. Building bridges is key to achieving success and backing away from the offensive lane will usually do you good. Singing sweet lyrics may be music to one's ears, but where do we cut off the notes? When do we turn off that auto play and compose our own song? The live stream of poetic utterances will make ears bloom upon hearing but when is it that we're allowed to pluck the rusty strings of our vocal pipes to produce our own unique sounds?
Tell me, which times are scheduled so that I can press stop on that box and link my mind to my voice? When can my thoughts flow fluidly from the coils of my brain to the tip of my tongue? I know that it is my choice and that my decisions are under my control, but society puts a hold on me so strong that it makes me inept at deciding when and where. I know I can play any music I want to at any time that I would fancy, but if my sour notes would cause you to clamp your ears or lose your hearing, then maybe it's in my best interest not to.
When is it okay to blast your damn ears and when must I sing to them gently? When must I stroke them with tenderness, and when is it that I can just fuck society and reputations and impressions and let my thoughts leak through my mind, let those music slip through my mouth and spit them respectively into their face?
Oh, don't mind me, I'm just being myself ... isn't that what you asked for?