Response



Thanks for the kind words. They mean more than you think, whoever you are.
My inspiration comes from my willingness to reflect on how I feel. I think a lot of people fear their emotions, so they silence or ignore them. 
I, on the other hand, embrace each one - good or bad. That's when the writing comes easiest to me. I suppose that goes hand-in-hand with my belief that writing is an attempt to take a snapshot of the soul's current state, which isn't always going to be distinctly happy or sad. That's why I think my writing's all over the map in terms of how it feels, because the state of my soul is constantly shifting. If I know what's making me feel a certain way, I'll write about that. If I don't know the cause, I use my writing as a means to try and figure it out. Without wanting to sound like a self-help book, basically what I'm saying is that I think inspiration starts with the individual. It's not about waiting to be inspired, but about drawing inspiration from within oneself, because I like to believe we all have a story worth telling, and that no one can tell it better that its actual author.