Happy birthday lil sis


Back then when she was 14. To that day there has never been anything that has seemed so frightening to me than seeing my little sister grow up in the blink of an eye. However stupid it sounds it's every bit of the truth. I've faced some terrible things, I've been mugged but I swear it came as such a shock to me when she picked up that tube of dark black mascara on the first day of starting high school. 

"What are you doing?" I asked her looking up from the book I was reading for my baby boy 

Adam who was sitting on my lap.

"I want to try it out. I'm getting older now, starting a new school so I want to start looking older too." She told me. She then focused her attention on the mirror in front of her and opened the tube. Carefully she tried to wipe her eyelashes with the black liquid. She moaned, not able to do it but it wasn't like my little sister to give up so quickly. So she tried again, then again. Wiping off the mess she made with my make-up removing wipes.

"Here let me do it." I said giving up. I put Adam down carefully in his baby cot and took the tube out of her hand. She sighed. "You'll get the hang of it soon enough" I told her skillfully covering her eyelashes. When I was done, she looked in the mirror again and a small smile crossed her face. I smiled too.

"Thank you." She smiled.

"No problem, you look gorgeous
."

With that she made her way down the stairs, new school bag on her shoulder and her school uniform on. I stared after her, I couldn't help the water that was filling my eyes.

"Bye!" She shouted from downstairs.

"Bye." I shouted back to her. "Have a good first day!" That's when the door shut. It almost symbolised the door closing on the little girl she was leaving behind.