Elle s'appelait Sarah

After browsing at imdb.com searching for some movies worth watching. "Sarah's key" movie trailer literally caught my attention. So I click on wikipedia for more details about the movie (well, when it comes to movies I have quite a selective manner). It turned out it's an adaptation of the novel "Elle s'appelait Sarah" by Tatiana de Rosnay, a French writer with English, French and Russian descent.

It's a great novel indeed. The true historical story is very interesting and reading this was chilling, suspenseful, devastating, heartbreaking and heartwarming. It's about loss and the destructive power of secrets, both of which are subjects close to my heart. So it was very emotionally powerful for me. I must also say, that this book ripped my heart into tiny pieces (I'm an incredibly sensitive scorpio indeed :p )
The tale seemed mostly authentic, but also occasionally something rang slightly off but I didn't take note and those moments were ones I forgot because the story as a whole rang true. It is one of those tales made as vivid by fiction as by non-fiction account, not diluted at all by the parallel story lines.

I thought that "Tatiana de Rosnay" created perfect cadence in her writing style. I LOVED IT. I read it in one and a half month (I like to take my time reading, to make serious connection with it ^_^) as I was loathe to put it down today.

This is now one of my treasured books :)

And the movie ??? NOT really worth watching, I must say, but I've watched it just out of my curiosity. compared to the book the movie scripts were poorly written and bad acted. and the worse is; the director, Gilles Paquet-Brenner didn't put enough "suspenseful-ness" (is this word even exist?) and enthusiasm into the movie, changed quite a lot of plot and scenes from the novel which I found  really disappointing. They should've let me do the job.  :D

 Elle s'appelait Sarah, a highly recommended novel