snoitcepsortni


Sometimes acceptance is a slow burn. Being forced to acknowledge and understand that what you want to do in life is unattainable.
Not giving up, but respecting limitations and boundaries. Perhaps there are things one could change about their situation or self to effect a small change in their world, though it may not be the splash one wanted or needed.
Oddest for me though, is where these thoughts are coming from. Normally they are the product of depression and desperation, an unwillingness to accept what may come causing a deep hatred for what is.
This time they’re coming from a good place. A mindset where I know I can be happy with the things that aren’t what I want if I so choose, even if I’m aware that there will always be something missing, a tiny void of what-could-have-been.
And so I continue the arduous process of remaking and reshaping myself and my world-view. Here’s to the best. Ever upward!