A drop of non-fiction


Picnic

My heart still longs for you.


I wish I heard you say you loved me in your heart every day - that the vibrations of those words, off your tongue would bounce back into my brain and echo through my head.
I wish I knew what you were feeling. That the visions of us, months, years from now, after other women and men had glided through our lives. The vision of us amongst a body of water, and an excessive amount of noise, could you then say, you never stopped loving me.
I wish we were not this dissected thing, a friendship so blatantly scarred and foiled and so impersonal, like a strangers breath upon my shoulder - I so desperately want to see your face and how it looks at me. The play behind your dark eyes, your brain dancing, thoughts leaping to the conclusions that my eyes say back.
I feel like running away constantly, and I know where. I just want to run into this infinite abyss where I could pretend you finally don’t exist.