Price Tag

One of my own piece. sketched this one when I was 14
Sometimes I wonder how many cents I'm worth. Nothing is free, you know, even friendship is costly.
We deposit secrets like cash but people always seems hesitant to withdraw. When you receive,
they always expect something back, and when you give, they always ask for more. People are so fickle, they want this then they want that and nothing is ever enough.
I don't need their gifts or compliments, I just want the thought and sentiment behind those things. Friendship does have a price, you know. The currency is measured in time and care and efforts and sacrifice and warmth and time. What you are willing to put in is the amount that you deserve back, though
it's rarely the amount you get.
I know that often I do things for others that go unnoticed, and that I go out of my way to help when it's obvious they would never do the same. I would be lying if I said I didn't feel a nagging sense of unbalance but I think it's always better to do for others what I wish they would do for me because then at least I can be proud that my side of the friendship is a good investment even if their side is getting me broke. And I know a lot of times I don't express my appreciation for the price others pay for me but I try, I really do try to remember, especially the little things. I may never bring it up but I have a secret tally in my head all tucked away safety at the back of my mind, of score or to determine  how much I should give back to them. but it's there to remind me in tough times that maybe, maybe I'm worth a little more that a few cents.